- The Otolift Air Curved Stairlift has the thinnest single tube rail diameter of any stairlift measuring just 6cm wide. It can fit on most curved stairs and can negotiate 90 degree and 180 degree staircases with ease.
- Otolift Air Curved Stairlifts have a lovely sleek and stylish design with a host of optional features to customise the stairlift to your decor including a choice of fabric colours and rail colours.
- It will fold up when not in use to allow other’s to use the stairs. The armrests and footrest fold up and the Air comes with a powered folding footrest as standard.
- The stairlift comes with a Powered Swivel Seat as standard which automatically turns at the top of the stairs to help you get off the stairlift safely. If you have narrow stairs there is an option to travel up the stairs in a downward facing swivel position.
- The unique controls only require a light touch and are easy to use, with an on/off button on the arm.
- Battery operated, so the stairlift works even in the event of a power cut. The lift is parked on a charge point to charge up the batteries.
- The retractable safety belt keeps stair lift users comfortable and secure.
- The built-in safety system with pressure sensitive edges will stop the stair lift automatically if it encounters any obstacles on the stairs.
Otolift Air Stairlift Key Features
Oto Air Script for Video
If your stairs are curved and you’re not sure if stairlifts go around corners, you’ll be pleased to learn that they do! The Oto Air is a great model for curved stairs with its slimline rail design and sleek appearance, no wonder it’s one of our most popular models. So let us show you why the Oto Air might be best for your stairs.
Why Choose the Oto Air?
The Oto Air is a stylish lift, not only does it look good, but it is so easy to use too.
Every rail is configured to suit your staircase, so no matter how many bends you may have we can fit flat landings, fan shapes, narrow, spiral and even multi-flight staircases. The single tube rail design has the smallest diameter of any single curved rail model at just 6cm so the low-profile rail fits nice and neatly into your home. The rail can travel on either side of your stairs with many different start and end positions available to get the best fit for you and your stairs and our Surveyor will advise on the best solution.
The chair and footrest fold up when not in use or you can leave it all unfolded and ready to go. A powered footrest raiser comes as standard on this model, which works by the touch of a button. This model also offers the option to power swivel to a downward facing position if your stairs are particularly narrow.
To operate simply sit in the seat, fasten the seatbelt and press the arm control in the direction of travel with constant pressure. This model comes with an ergonomically designed control which is very easy to use. Once the lift reaches the end of the rail it will stop automatically.
Depending on the rail end position you may have a non-swivel/fixed seat, a manual swivel seat or a powered swivel seat and our surveyor will discuss which option will be best for your needs. A manual swivel is operated by a lever at the side of the chair and swivelled like you would an office chair. The upgraded Powered Swivel option will automatically swivel the chair around when you keep the control pressed as you reach the end of the rail. The footrest may stay level with the top step or swivel with the chair.
The seat upholstery is available in fabric or wipe clean vinyl in a choice of colours or optional leather.
The remote Call/Send controls can be used if there are two people in the house or to park the lift out of the way when it’s not being used.
All stairlifts are battery powered and charged by parking the lift on a charge station normally at the top and bottom of the rail and sometimes at an intermediate or mid-landing charge station. A battery charger unit will run from a mains socket in your house and connect to the rail charging system. If you have a power cut the lift will still work. If you are wondering why is the stairlift bleeping that’s because there is an audible alarm to tell you that there is no power coming through so the lift is either off a charge station or the powerpoint is switched off.
So are stairlifts safe? Did you know that they are built with a host of safety features with you in mind. Every model has a safety belt that should be worn when using the lift. There are pressure safety edges on the footrest and carriage so if you meet an obstruction on the stairs it will stop automatically to prevent trapping hazards. The controls are constant pressure so you can stop the lift any time by releasing the controls. Additionally on the Oto Air there is an emergency stop button.
To ensure your complete safety you should have your stairlift serviced and safety checked every year as recommended by Safety standards. We offer servicing and maintenance as part of our aftercare service to you.
All models have a safe weight limit and this model will hold a person up to 125Kgs that’s around 19.6 stone.
So in summary, the Oto Air is a sleek and stylish lift with the smallest single tube rail on the market. All models are made to suit your stairs and can be made and installed in a few weeks.
So how do I buy the Oto Air and how much does it cost?
We offer a free no-obligation quotation and to get an exact price we’d need to do a Survey and Assessment with you to check that this model will best suit you and your stairs taking all the measurements into account. Making sure you get the right model is critical to your comfort and safety and that’s why a thorough assessment is done to get it perfect for you. There are so many different rail designs we can do with different options available and we’ll run through all this with you.
You can also try out this model in our showroom in Calne in Wiltshire so what are you waiting for. To organise an Assessment or to book a showroom visit pick up the phone and call us today on 0800 019 22 10. We look forward to speaking with you soon.