Save money and the environment by buying a second-hand model! Every model is refurbished to the highest of standards before receiving our quality seal of approval. Once it’s installed on your stairs it will look as good as new. Normally these models are only a few years old, and we’re so confident in their quality we even offer extended warranties on them
Why should I buy a second-hand stairlift?
- It will save you money. Refurbished models are often several hundred pounds cheaper than a new one.
- It will look as good as new!
- It’s just as safe as a new model. Every model goes through stringent safety and reconditioning in our workshop.
- It’s covered with a 12-month warranty. This can be extended further if you wish.
- Your warranty will come with round-the-clock repairs. If you need a repair we’re just a call away with 24/7, 365 days a year engineering support and callout facility.
- We only choose the best lifts for you. Naturally, all used models will have some mileage. We only recondition models that are a few years old and still in excellent condition.
How do we refurbish a stairlift?
When models are no longer needed, we remove them from customer’s homes and bring them back to our workshop. Models are scrapped if they are too old or worn out, and the best ones are saved for reuse.
Next, our workshop engineer checks over and reconditions each model thoroughly. This process takes several hours and all models are run on our test rails before they are given our high-quality seal of approval. The product is thoroughly cleaned and sanitised. It is then wrapped, boxed and stored ready to be resold.
How do I buy a refurbished stairlift?
First of all, give us a call. Our sales team will schedule a surveyor to come and visit your home. During your survey visit, you and your stairs will be measured so that we can recommend the best stairlift to suit your needs and fit your home. If you like, you can visit our showroom in Calne, Wiltshire so that you can try out our range of lifts for yourself. You can even see the exact refurbished model you are interested in to see what great condition it’s in!
What’s the difference between buying a straight and curved, second-hand lift?
When you place an order for a straight stairlift with us, our workshop engineer will cut a rail to fit the dimensions of your staircase. Our straight, reconditioned models are in stock and ready-to-go for a quick installation.
With curved stairlifts, while the chair and the carriage are reconditioned, each rail is made-to-measure by the manufacturers to fit the bends of your stairs, even with a reconditioned model. This therefore means that your lift will cost more.
How much does a reconditioned stairlift cost?
How much does a rental stairlift cost?
Straight Stairlift Reconditioned prices from = £1000
Curved Stairlift Reconditioned prices from = £2800
Prices reflect our cheapest standard models. Model prices vary according to manufacturer. Optional features will increase the cost of your lift but we will only ever suggest them if we believe they are necessary for your safety and accessibility.
Beware when buying second-hand stairlifts from selling sites, this may not be a good idea.
Book a showroom visit
For more information on refurbished and rental stairlifts: