Colin and Coral are our Managing Directors, working in the office and on site daily running the business, it’s what our customers love most about them! Colin mainly looks after the operations side on the business and can usually be found out in the field with our surveying and installation teams. Meanwhile Coral can be found in the office, working on the strategic side of the business and managing our sales and marketing teams.
We strive to make 1st Choice Stairlifts an excellent place to work and aim to always do right by our employees. We understand that people have important life events that need to be attended and we give our team the flexibility to do so. We give our staff both on-the-job training as well training courses to ensure that they can continue to grow their knowledge, skills and experience. Our staff are fun, friendly, hard-working and dedicated to delivering the highest standard of service to customers.
Our long-serving staff:
Lindsey is our Sales & Installations Office Supervisor, and was one of our first ever employees back in 2006. Since then Lindsey has grown from strength to strength and risen up through our company due to her wealth of knowledge that has come from experience as well as dedicated training including a Level 3 NVQ in Customer Service, and an Assist UK Trusted Product Advisor course. Over the years, Lindsey has attended many exhibitions, showcasing our range of products. Day-to-day she attends to orders, organising surveys and installations for all of our customers to ensure everything runs smoothly. When you first call us it’s likely that Lindsey will be the first person you speak to. She’s incredibly friendly, chatty and always goes the extra mile to give customers the excellent service they deserve.
Pete is our Engineer Supervisor & Quality Manager. He started with us back in 2010 as an engineer after working for multiple different companies in the industry including four manufacturers and two dealers. After spending a few years in sales, Pete wanted to return to a job where he could get his hands dirty (metaphorically of course, we always clean up after ourselves when visiting your home!) and so joined our installation team and was recognised for his extensive knowledge across our range of products. As an Engineer Supervisor Pete is highly multi-faceted and works in conjunction with our team in the field as well as in the office. From day-to-day, Pete gives support and guidance to our engineers and aftercare department wherever needed. He also implements all health and safety requirements as well as monitors, measures and executes our quality objectives that are set by our ISO9001 accreditation.
Lucy is our Sales & Installations Credit Controller and Book-Keeper. She started with us in 2008 as a temporary team member in doing admin. As the years progressed, she picked up new skills across the business and has worked in nearly every single department including Orders, Aftercare and even Surveying! Day-to-day, you’ll find Lucy in our office, organising our sales and installations to ensure that every order is progressing smoothly and promptly so that we can get every lift installed into its new home as well as overseeing accounts.
Adam is one of our Senior Engineers and started with us back in 2010, the same year that we purchased and renovated our current unit on the Porte Marsh Industrial Estate. Adam has an NVQ in Painting and Decorating and joined us when he was assisting us with the renovation. After this, he decided to attend a few installations with our engineering team to decide if it was something he would be interested in pursuing a career in. Low and behold, he followed in his father(our Director Colin)’s footsteps and found a passion for engineering and has been with us ever since. Over the years Adam has gained an incredible amount of knowledge about the industry and all the lift models in our range. Throughout the day, you’ll find him in our customers’ houses, installing and repairing lifts to give customers the independence they need to thrive at home.
Our Service Promise
When investing in a mechanical product, you want to make sure you’re you are purchasing from the right people. Not only because you want to make sure you are receiving a high quality product, but also because you will be doing business with a company for many years each time you need a service, a repair or a removal. You want to know that a company is going to be there for you when you need them most.
We promise to:
- Make you feel valued and looked after. We are proud of our record in customer care and are always striving to exceed customer expectations.
- Train our staff to be the best at what we do, so you will get first-class knowledgeable advice and workmanship from us.
- Always be reliable and do what we say we will do.
- Offer high quality products and services that represent good value for money and will be the best solution for you. We won’t ever sell you anything that you don’t need.
- Be honest, fair, open and transparent in our dealings with you and our staff will be courteous and respectful to you and your home.
What makes us special?
- We are led by our Directors Coral and Colin. Together they have a combined experience of over 50 years in the industry. They are experts in their field and bring you the very best service and solution possible.
- We are a truly independent stairlift supplier meaning we are not tied to any one manufacturer. This means that we are able to offer you more choice and are more likely to be able to fit your stairs and your needs.
- We are ISO9001 accredited for our Total Quality Management Systems. This means we take our commitment to quality very seriously. We consistently monitoring the quality of products, workmanship and service to customers which gives our customers the highest quality, most reliable products, backed up with exceptional customer care.
- Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. You trust us to come into your home and install or maintain your stairlift and you deserve 5* customer treatment every time. We constantly monitor our customer satisfaction levels through surveys and consistently achieve 5* ratings. Additionally, we are Which? Trusted Traders, meeting their stringent inspection and criteria to become a member. Should anything go wrong that we cannot resolve (which would be highly unlikely but nevertheless gives you total peace of mind), as part of our membership Which? offer an independent arbitration service for free to our customers.
Are you ready to leave work every day with a massive sense of achievement, knowing that you’ve made a difference to someone’s life? That’s what it’s like working at 1st Choice Stairlifts! You’ll get paid to get that rewarding feeling and be part of our amazing team.
Over the last 18 years, we’ve had incredible members of staff, some who have been here from the very beginning, and others who didn’t leave until they reached retirement! We know how laborious the job hunt can be, so grab the opportunity now and you may never have to hunt again!
Click here to head to our careers page and find your next role in this industry and work alongside an incredible team!