Want to join our star team?
We have a team of stars, dedicated to making a difference to our customer’s lives. Would you enjoy a rewarding career with one of the best companies in the industry? Check out our job vacancies and careers at 1st Choice Stairlifts.
1st Choice Stairlifts was formed in 2004, by our two directors Coral & Colin Major, who between them have been in the industry for almost 60 years! 2022 sees our 18th year in business and we have successfully grown the company year on year, even throughout the pandemic!
We’re a family-run, forward-thinking business that thrives on innovation and change to continually develop our company to be the best that it can be. We have an excellent reputation and our 5* Which Trusted Trader customer reviews speak for themselves. Our staff are fun, friendly, hard-working, and dedicated to working together to deliver exceptional service and a high standard of workmanship to our customers. If you like the sound of our work environment, we’d love to hear from you.
The benefits of working for us:
- Work/life balance. With us it is rare that you would need to work outside of your schedule. Our business normally allows you to finish on time, before going home to enjoy some rest and spend your free time however you’d like.
- Flexibility to attend important life events. No one wants to miss out on their kid’s sports day or recital, etc.
- Pension. Both you and the company contribute to the pension scheme.
- 22 days holidays + bank holidays (full time or pro-rata for part-time employees)
- Discretionary Team bonus for hitting our growth targets each month
- Training. Both on the job and through training courses to help grow your knowledge, skills and experience with a supportive team
What we do
We sell, install, repair, service and remove stairlifts, home lifts, wheelchair lifts and platform lifts.
We are based in Calne and cover all of Wiltshire, Bath, Bristol and Swindon, as well as parts of Dorset, Somerset, Gloucestershire, Oxfordshire, Hampshire and Berkshire.
Our business is made up of Local Authority and private consumers. We have contracts or are on the approved suppliers list for various Local Authorities and Housing Associations, liaising with Occupational Therapists, Grants Officers and Housing Surveyors to get the best solution for their service user. Over half of our business is selling direct to consumers, although we don’t do the hard sell or high pressure selling tactics!
Are you ready to leave work every day with a massive sense of achievement, knowing that you’ve made a difference to someone’s life? That’s what it’s like working at 1st Choice Stairlifts! You’ll get paid to get that rewarded feeling and be part of our amazing team.
Over the last 18 years, we’ve had incredible members of staff, some who have been here from the very beginning, and others who didn’t leave until they reached retirement! We know how laborious the job hunt can be, so grab the opportunity now and you may never have to hunt again!
We’re on the lookout for a new Sales Surveyor to join our friendly and caring team; someone to be face of the company to our customers and give them the exceptional 5* service in order to uphold our excellent reputation as a Which Trusted Trader. Our sales are consultative; we’re not into high-pressure selling or hiring sales people that would sell their soul to get a lift installed, we only want our team to offer high quality advice and support in order to let customers come to a decision in their own time.
While our office is based in Calne, you’ll be visiting homes all over the South West when tending to our customers, making this the perfect role for those based in Wiltshire, Swindon, Bristol, Bath, Hampshire, or Gloucestershire!
Working hours would usually be Monday-Friday 8:30-5pm, however some flexibility may occasionally be required. Have no fear though! As a business we understand how important life events are; we believe that no one should have to miss out on their child’s sports day or a recital for example and flexibility is reciprocal!
Responsibilities and Duties
As a Sales Surveyor, you’ll be helping elderly and disabled people stay in their own home, giving them their independence back with the help of a stairlift or vertical home lift. We’re looking for someone who is exceptionally good with customers, is accurate at measuring and reading technical drawings, can recommend the best lifts from our range to suit homes as well as customer needs and can scope building works where required.
This role primarily involves:
- Accurately assessing the home environment, the customer, their mobility and ability.
- Recommending the right lifting solution for the customer ensuring the product will meet their needs.
- Promote the company and our range of products to customers in their homes and our showroom.
- Undertaking photosurveys for curved stairlift orders as well as reading and approving the drawings in order to put the lift into manufacturing.
- Recommending building works where required for a lift to fit and scoping out the works needed.
- Assisting the office team with sales and marketing activities as required.
- Working to KPIs and organisational sales targets.
- Using our bespoke software to undertake surveys as well as the manufacturers electronic survey systems.
- Outstanding communication skills:
Corresponding and upholding rapport with colleagues, suppliers, and customers.
A positive can-do attitude and work to your initiative to complete each task.
- Attention to detail:
Able to take accurate measurements and assess homes/clients in order to keep them safe.
Able to focus on multiple orders and tasks while prioritising work that needs to be done urgently for customers in need.
- Logical thinking:
Working to find a practical, suitable and safe solution for each customer.
Kindness and empathy towards our customer base who need to be treated with respect and honesty.
- Efficient with technology:
Eager to learn how to use our systems and be efficient in using ipads, laptops and cameras.
- Ideally someone who has worked in the industry is desirable but not essential.
- A DBS (formerly CRB) check is required for this position, provided by us.
- Full driving licence required.
Full training will be provided for this role.
Salary and Benefits
The salary for this role is £28,000+ (depending on experience)
- Company car – provided for business and personal use with fuel provided for business use
- Commission – on private sales
- Work/life balance – finishing work on time to rest and spend your free time however you’d like
- Pension scheme – employee and company contribution
- 22 days holiday + bank holidays
- Team bonus – for hitting our achievable growth targets each month
- Training – both on the job and through training courses to help grow your knowledge, skills and experience with a supportive team
To apply email [email protected] with the reference ‘SURVEYOR’ with your CV and tell us why you think you should be our first choice.
We’re pleased to receive speculative enquiries from enthusiastic, talented and hard-working people to join us when vacancies arise. With careers here for engineers, administrators, sales managers and more. Please send us your CV and roles you may be interested in to [email protected] and reference “SPECULATIVE ENQUIRY”.