Want to join our star team?
We have a team of stars, dedicated to making a difference to our customer’s lives. Would you enjoy a rewarding career with one of the best companies in the industry? Check out our job vacancies and careers at 1st Choice Stairlifts.
1st Choice Stairlifts was formed in 2004, by our two directors Coral & Colin Major, who between them have been in the industry for almost 60 years! 2023 sees our 19th year in business and we have successfully grown the company year after year, even throughout the pandemic!
We’re a family-run, forward-thinking business that thrives on innovation and change to continually develop our company to be the best that it can be. We have an excellent reputation and our 5* Which Trusted Trader customer reviews speak for themselves. Our staff are fun, friendly, hard-working, and dedicated to working together to deliver exceptional service and a high standard of workmanship to our customers. If you like the sound of our work environment, we’d love to hear from you.
The benefits of working for us:
- Work/life balance. With us, it is rare that you would need to work outside of your schedule. Our business normally allows you to finish on time, before going home to enjoy some rest and spend your free time however you’d like.
- Flexibility to attend important life events. No one wants to miss out on their kid’s sports day or recital, etc.
- Pension. Both you and the company contribute to the pension scheme.
- 22 days holidays + bank holidays (full-time or pro-rata for part-time employees)
- Discretionary Team bonus for hitting our growth targets each month
- Training. Both on the job and through training courses to help grow your knowledge, skills, and experience with a supportive team
What we do
We sell, install, repair, service, and remove stairlifts, home lifts, wheelchair lifts, and platform lifts.
We are based in Calne and cover all of Wiltshire, Bath, Bristol, and Swindon, as well as parts of Dorset, Somerset, Gloucestershire, Oxfordshire, Hampshire, and Berkshire.
Our business is made up of Local Authorities and private consumers. We have contracts or are on the approved supplier’s list for various Local Authorities and Housing Associations, liaising with Occupational Therapists, Grants Officers, and Housing Surveyors to get the best solution for their service user. Over half of our business is selling direct to consumers, although we don’t do the hard sell or high-pressure selling tactics!
Surveyor, Marketing Executive & Workshop Engineer
Are you ready to leave work every day with a massive sense of achievement, knowing that you’ve made a difference to someone’s life? That’s what it’s like working at 1st Choice Stairlifts! You’ll get paid to get that rewarded feeling and be part of our amazing team.
Over the last 19 years, we’ve had incredible members of staff, some who have been here from the very beginning, and others who didn’t leave until they reached retirement! We know how laborious the job hunt can be, so grab the opportunity now and you may never have to hunt again!
We’re on the lookout for a new Sales Surveyor to join our friendly and caring team; someone to be the face of the company to our customers and give them exceptional 5* service in order to uphold our excellent reputation as a Which Trusted Trader. Our sales are consultative; we’re not into high-pressure selling or hiring salespeople that would sell their soul to get a lift installed, we only want our team to offer high-quality advice and support in order to let customers come to a decision in their own time.
While our office is based in Calne, you’ll be visiting homes all over the South West when tending to our customers, making this the perfect role for those based in Wiltshire, Swindon, Bristol, Bath, Hampshire, or Gloucestershire!
Working hours would usually be Monday-Friday 8:30-5 pm, however, some flexibility may occasionally be required. Have no fear though! As a business we understand how important life events are; we believe that no one should have to miss out on their child’s sports day or a recital for example and flexibility is reciprocal!
Responsibilities and Duties
As a Sales Surveyor, you’ll be helping elderly and disabled people stay in their own homes, giving them their independence back with the help of a stairlift or vertical home lift. We’re looking for someone who is exceptionally good with customers, is accurate at measuring and reading technical drawings, can recommend the best lifts from our range to suit homes as well as customer needs, and can scope building works where required.
This role primarily involves:
- Accurately assessing the home environment, the customer, their mobility, and ability.
- Recommending the right lifting solution for the customer ensuring the product will meet their needs.
- Promote the company and our range of products to customers in their homes and our showroom.
- Undertaking photosurveys for curved stairlift orders as well as reading and approving the drawings in order to put the lift into manufacturing.
- Recommending building works where required for a lift to fit and scoping out the works needed.
- Assisting the office team with sales and marketing activities as required.
- Working to KPIs and organisational sales targets.
- Using our bespoke software to undertake surveys as well as the manufacturer’s electronic survey systems.
- Outstanding communication skills:
Corresponding and upholding rapport with colleagues, suppliers, and customers.
A positive can-do attitude and work to your initiative to complete each task.
- Attention to detail:
Able to take accurate measurements and assess homes/clients in order to keep them safe.
Able to focus on multiple orders and tasks while prioritising work that needs to be done urgently for customers in need.
- Logical thinking:
Working to find a practical, suitable and safe solution for each customer.
Kindness and empathy towards our customer base who need to be treated with respect and honesty.
- Efficient with technology:
Eager to learn how to use our systems and be efficient in using ipads, laptops and cameras.
- Ideally someone who has worked in the industry is desirable but not essential.
- A DBS (formerly CRB) check is required for this position, provided by us.
- Full driving licence required.
Full training will be provided for this role.
Salary and Benefits
The salary for this role is £28,000+ (depending on experience)
- Company car – provided for business and personal use with fuel provided for business use
- Commission – on private sales
- Work/life balance – finishing work on time to rest and spend your free time however you’d like
- Pension scheme – employee and company contribution
- 22 days holiday + bank holidays
- Team bonus – for hitting our achievable growth targets each month
- Training – both on the job and through training courses to help grow your knowledge, skills and experience with a supportive team
To apply email [email protected] with the reference ‘SURVEYOR’ with your CV and tell us why you think you should be our first choice.
We’re looking for someone who loves marketing and is looking for an exciting and rewarding career that makes a difference to people’s everyday lives.
1st Choice Stairlifts are one of the biggest independent stairlift and vertical lift companies in the country and are experiencing exceptional growth as more people are looking to live safely and independently in their own homes.
You will be working with our busy MD who has over 25 years of experience in marketing stairlifts and lifts and is now looking for a new Marketing Executive to help us reach our growth targets and gain more B2B and B2C customers.
You will be responsible for the company’s online and offline marketing activities and making a successful contribution to growing our market share.
This job role is varied and will involve all aspects of marketing including (but not limited to):
- Monitoring and updating the company website, SEO, and assisting with content creation and lead generation
- Managing social media sites including creating content, scheduling, social listening, networking, and responding to comments
- Managing advertising and monitoring ROI
- Creating mailing campaigns and editorial content for our customer magazine and managing these campaigns
- Creating video content for the website, social channels, and Youtube
- Marketing qualifications or experience of working in a marketing role (preferably marketing to consumers)
- A self-starter full of great ideas, enthusiasm, and drive to help grow our business further
- Excellent IT skills and familiarity with Social Media channels, WordPress, Google Analytics, Canva, Mailchimp and Mailerlite
- Experience in monitoring KPIs and producing cost-effective campaigns
- Good team player and ability to work well with colleagues
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication skills with exceptional attention to detail
The successful candidate will be working alongside our brilliant team of people and be part of a progressive organisation that values feedback from customers and employees to consistently grow and achieve great things. We pride ourselves on being customer-centered and consistently deliver 5* customer satisfaction as an approved Which? Trusted Trader and British Healthcare Trades Association member.
This job will be based at our offices in Calne. Office hours will be 8.30 am – 5 pm, Monday to Friday excluding bank holidays. We also close the office between Christmas and New Year.
Salary: £(negotiable depending on experience) + 22 days Holidays plus bank holidays + Pension + Training + discretionary monthly team target bonus
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From £25,000.00 per year
To apply email [email protected] with the reference ‘MARKETING’ with your CV and tell us why you think you should be our first choice.
Due to expansion, we are looking for an additional Workshop Engineer to join our successful team. This job role will report to our Engineer Supervisor.
- Preparing new and reconditioned products ready for customer installations – full product training and mentoring will be provided
- Managing, monitoring, and distribution of products and spare parts
- Managing workflows through our computer system
- Operating goods in and out
- Assisting our engineers on-site occasionally where required
- Communicating well with our team to co-ordinate work with installations, aftercare and our engineering team
- Assist in the caretaking of the premises
- Computer literate and good with numbers and calculations
- Sound mechanical and electrical background and proficiency with tools
- Very organised, tidy, and methodical and can successfully work to and meet deadlines
- Clean driving licence and willingness to travel occasionally due to business needs in company pool vehicle
- Self-motivation and a team player
- Focussed on right first time and delivering quality for the ultimate in customer satisfaction
You will be based at our workshop in Calne, but may be required occasionally to work at other locations to meet business needs. Our normal working hours are Monday – Friday, 8.30am to 5pm
Due to the nature of our business an enhanced DBS check is required which the company will pay for.
Salary £25K + pension + discretionary monthly target bonus + 22 days holiday + bank holidays
We’re pleased to receive speculative enquiries from enthusiastic, talented and hard-working people to join us when vacancies arise. With careers here for engineers, administrators, sales managers and more. Please send us your CV and roles you may be interested in to [email protected] and reference “SPECULATIVE ENQUIRY”.