Want to join our star team?
We have a team of stars dedicated to making a difference to our customer’s lives, could you enjoy a rewarding career with one of the best companies in the industry? Scroll down to see our current vacancies.
1st Choice Stairlifts was formed in 2004, by our two directors Coral & Colin Major, who between them have been in the industry for almost 60 years! We have grown the company year on year – even in a pandemic – and are looking for people to join our successful team. We’re a family-run, forward-thinking business that thrives on innovation and change to continually develop our company to be the best that we can be. We have an excellent reputation and our 5* Which Trusted Trader customer reviews speak for themselves. Our staff are fun, friendly, hard-working, and dedicated to working together to deliver exceptional service and a high standard of workmanship to our customers. So if you like the sound of this work environment we’d love to hear from you.
The benefits of working for us:
- A good work/life balance where you’ll normally do your working hours, finish on time, and go home to enjoy some rest and perhaps be with your family
- Flexibility to attend those important events in your life because no one wants to miss out on their kid’s sports day or recital, etc.
- Pension where both you and the company contribute
- 22 days holidays + 8 days bank holidays (full time or pro-rata for part-time employees)
- Discretionary team bonus for hitting our growth targets each month
- Training both on the job and through training courses to help grow your knowledge, skills and experience with a supportive team
What we do
We sell, install, repair, service and remove stairlifts, home lifts, wheelchair lifts and platform lifts.
We are based in Calne in Wiltshire and cover our home county as well as Bath, Swindon, Bristol, Gloucestershire, Dorset, Hampshire, Oxfordshire, Somerset and Berkshire.
Lift Surveyor Job Vacancy: Field based in our coverage area with occasional travel to our office
Open: 26 August 2021 – Closing Date: 17 September 2021
We’re recruiting to replace our surveyor who has recently left us due to retirement. We would love to hear from you if you have experience of a similar role or are a stairlift or lift engineer looking to swap their tools for a laptop and tablet!
Salary: £(negotiable depending on experience) + 22 days Holidays plus bank holidays + Pension + Training + Commission on private sales + Company Car
We’re looking for a Surveyor to join our team, someone who is exceptionally good with customers is accurate at measuring and reading technical drawings, and can scope building works where required.
This is a rewarding role that will see you out and about meeting customers in their own homes and helping them to overcome their stair climbing problems with a Stairlift, Homelift or other products from our range.
The role primarily involves:
- Accurately assessing the home environment, measuring up for the product, and recommending the right lifting solution for the customer
- Assessing the customer, their mobility, and their ability to use our products ensuring the product will meet their needs
- Promote the company and our range of products to customers in their homes and our showroom
- Undertaking photosurveys for curved stairlift orders and reading and approving the drawings to put the lift into manufacturing
- Recommending building works where they are required for a lift to fit and scoping out the works
- Assisting our Sales Manager in undertaking sales and marketing activities as required.
- Working to KPIs and organisational sales targets.
- Using our bespoke software to undertake surveys as well as the manufacturers photogrammetry photo survey kits and laptop.
This role needs someone who is:
- Outstanding in communicating with colleagues, suppliers, and customers
- Able to be self-motivated, positive and get the job done
- Accurate with a keen eye for detail
- Brilliant at multi-tasking and very flexible with your attitude to work
- A logical thinker, working through solutions to get the best product for the customer
- Caring and empathetic
- Able and committed to delivering 5*customer service
- Good with technology using photogrammetry systems, ipads, laptops etc.
What we are looking for:
You should be based in Wiltshire, Swindon, Bristol, Bath, Hampshire, or Gloucestershire and hold a full driving licence.
The ideal candidate would have experience in working in a similar role in this industry although full training would be given.
A DBS (formerly CRB) Check is required for this position which the company will pay for.
As some of our jobs will involve visiting care homes can you please advise us of your Covid Vaccination Status with your application too.
To apply email [email protected] your CV and why you think you should be our first choice and reference “SURVEYOR”.
Marketing Executive Job Vacancy: Calne, Wiltshire
Open: 26 August 2021 – Closing: 17 September 2021
An exciting new Job Vacancy has arisen for someone who loves marketing and is looking for a rewarding career that makes a difference to peoples lives.
Salary: £(negotiable depending on experience) + 22 days Holidays plus bank holidays + Pension + Training
1st Choice Stairlifts are one of the biggest independent stairlift and vertical lift dealers in the country and are experiencing exceptional growth as more people are looking to live safely and independently in their own homes.
You will be working with our busy MD who has over 25 years of experience in marketing stairlifts and lifts and is now looking for a new Marketing Executive to help us reach our growth targets and gain more B2B and B2C customers.
You will be responsible for the company’s online and offline marketing activities and making a successful contribution to growing our market share.
This job role is varied and will involve all aspects of marketing including (but not limited to):
- Monitoring and updating of the company website, SEO and assisting with content creation and lead generation
- Managing social media sites including creating content, scheduling, social listening, networking, and responding to comments
- Managing advertising and monitoring ROI
- Creating mailing campaigns and editorial content for our customer magazine and managing these campaigns
- Creating video content for the website, social channels, and Youtube
- Occasionally organising and attending exhibitions (with the flexibility to work out of office hours if required and drive to the venues using your own transport with mileage expenses and overtime provided)
- Supporting and assisting our Sales and Business Development Team with activities to achieve targets
- Marketing qualifications with experience of working in a marketing role (preferably marketing to consumers)
- A self-starter full of great ideas, enthusiasm, and drive to help grow our business further
- Excellent IT skills and familiar with Social Media channels, WordPress, Google Analytics, Canva, Mailchimp and Mailerlite
- Experience in monitoring KPIs and producing cost-effective campaigns
- Good team player and ability to work with colleagues
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication skills with exceptional attention to detail
The successful candidate will be working alongside our brilliant team of people and be part of a progressive organisation that values feedback from customers and employees to consistently grow and achieve great things. We pride ourselves on being customer-centered and consistently deliver 5* customer satisfaction as an approved Which Trusted Trader.
This job will be based at our offices in Calne in a Covid Secure work environment. Office hours will be 8.30 am – 5 pm, Monday to Friday. We may consider this as a part-time role for the right candidate, so please contact us detailing the hours you are available to work.
To apply please email us your CV and why you think you would be our ideal candidate and send to [email protected] and reference “MARKETING EXEC”.
We’re pleased to receive speculative enquiries from enthusiastic, talented and hard-working people to join us when vacancies arise, with careers here for engineers, administrators, sales managers and more. Please send us your CV and roles you may be interested in to [email protected] and reference “SPECULATIVE ENQUIRY”.