My stairlift was beyond repair on the Thursday morning and I thought I’d have to go weeks without being able to get upstairs at all but no. In come 1st choice and bang. New one fitted Friday afternoon and all was well again. Could not fault the service in anyway at all. The service was well beyond a 5-stars. If you’re looking for a company to install a stairlift for you don’t look any further than 1st choice. You WILL...
Experience Our 5 Star Customer Service
Everyone deserves a great customer experience
The best part of our job is helping people regain their independence and keeping them safe. Here at 1st Choice Stairlifts, we regularly collect reviews from our customers and monitor the results in order to provide the best service possible. We are pleased to report that customers regularly recommend us to their friends and family members and we also hold a 5 star rating with Which? Trusted Traders!
We initially approached you on the recommendation of a family member & wanted to let you know just how delighted we’ve been with your service and the product. We needed a stairlift fitted within a short lead time and throughout the process your communication has been excellent, with all commitments met or exceeded. Matt, Ash, Lindsey and Connie have all been a pleasure to deal with, however Jordan was simply outstanding. We were having a very busy day when he...
Other installers told me I could not have a stairlift fitted because of our narrow staircase and my long legs. 1st Choice came out very quickly, solved the problem by showing us the Oto Curved stairlift and had it installed in no time with no mess at all. I cannot believe the difference this has made to my life after struggling so long to go up the stairs. The staff are all so friendly, but at the same time very...
Enquired about stairlift on Friday, came out to visit on Monday, fitted on Thursday. Everyone polite and friendly. Explained whole process clearly.
From the first phone call to enquire about buying a stairlift an appointment was made for the next day for a Surveyor to come and assess the stairs. We were then invited to visit their showroom that afternoon so my husband to try 2 lifts. The following week the Surveyor returned to complete the detailed measurements required. Electrical and carpentry work required was efficiently organised and completed. The stairlift was installed today (when the hottest temperature was recorded in the...
From the initial phone call to our visit to their showroom to the planning and installation of the stairlift, 1st Choice have been outstanding. The installation was completed within time by Jamie who did an excellent job and was thorough in explaining the stairlift controls and operation in a friendly manner. Highly recommended.
I was recommended by a friend to approach 1st Choice Stairlifts as I live in an old house with several levels and many stairs. From the very first call to the very last “thank you” from me and my wife, we were impressed by the professionalism, the skill and the quality of everyone we dealt with. The survey of the difficult and curved staircase was conducted with minimum fuss, the drawings for approval were clear and excellently presented (I am...
From our initial visit to the showroom we were treated friendly and professionally by everyone we have dealt with, from the choice of manufacturer, survey, design and installation everything ran smoothly. We cannot fault the service we have received and thoroughly recommend them.
My telephone call to 1st Choice Stairlifts on the ninth of May, concerned the removal of an old but working stairlift. A twenty three year old system, it was too old to be redeployed but the company was able to arrange its removal. A prompt response from the lady who took my call was followed shortly after by a call from another lady who had arranged for an engineer’s visit. The appointment was made for the seventeenth of May. The...
We were very impressed with the prompt service we received and the attention given to our request at short notice. As our problem was urgent we appreciated the efficiency with which it was resolved.
In order to consistently provide the best service to our customers, we hold a number of accreditations that have strict codes of practice which we must adhere to. These accreditations prove that we are a reliable and trustworthy business who have our customers best interest at heart.
We are members of the British Healthcare Trades Association (BHTA). As a member we commit to adhering to their Code of Practice (which is approved by the Trading Standards Institute) meaning that we are professional, ethical and have our customers’ best interests at heart. Here are just a few things that you expect from us a member of the BHTA:
- You will only ever be recommended a product if we believe that it suits a genuine need. We will never try to upsell you to something that we do not believe is necessary
- You will receive a high quality after-sales service from us. Our repairs and maintenance services are prompt as well as thorough
- You can expect clear guidance as well as advice and information when if comes to purchasing a lift. We aim to find the best option to suit your needs; we will never offer a ‘limited one-time only’ discount and never push for sales
- You will receive a full-assessment from us when evaluating your needs for a lift. We will measure you as well as your home, and ensure that a lift is suited to your needs and your lifestyle
We are an approved Which? Trusted Trader. For many years, the Which? logo has been synonymous with trustworthy and reputable businesses.
- Which? Trusted Traders allows customers to choose the right trader and helps those same traders to get recognised.
- Our Which? endorsement provides our customers with complete peace of mind knowing they have chosen a reliable business who adhere to a strict code of conduct which includes excellent customer protection.
- In order to become endorsed by Which?, businesses must prove they are reputable by providing credit reports, business procedures and customer satisfaction testimonials.
- Not every business that applies for an endorsement is successful; the application process is rigorous and only awards those who reflect Which?’s values.
We have an ISO9001 accreditation. The International Organisation for Standardisation (ISO) is an independent Quality Management System (QMS) that helps businesses improve the quality of their products and services.
- Businesses must reapply for their accreditation every year and are assessed by an external auditor. We have held our ISO9001 accreditation since 2008.
- We must collect customer responses and prove that we are acting on constructive feedback to improve the businesses where necessary.
Compliments, Comments and Complaints
Our customers are at the heart of everything we do and we aim to give all customers outstanding 5* customer care. We love hearing customer’s feedback on our service, whether that be an opportunity to hear how well we have done or, in the unusual instances, where a customer may want to file a complaint. Our Which? Trusted Trader and BHTA endorsements provide total peace of mind for customers. In the highly unlikely event that we are unable to resolve any complaints you may have using our own procedure, we can put you in touch with:
- BHTA’s Independent Arbitration Service – who specialise in medical and mobility equipment.
- Which? Trusted Traders’ Dispute Resolution Ombudsman
Both of these services are available to independently settle any complaints or disputes that may occur. We must comply by whatever outcome arises from these resolutions.
Occupational Therapist Approved
We work alongside many Occupational Therapists both in private practice, Local Authorities and the NHS.
We work closely with Elaine Hollerhead who’s very unique in that she’s the only Occupational Therapist in the country who also a qualified Interior Designer. She is passionate about making functional fabulous integrating dignified and aesthetic solutions that reflect 21st Century aspirational living.
Elaine runs her own Design Consultancy “Designate” and offers privately funded Occupational Therapy Assessments. See how Elaine works with 1st Choice Stairlifts and what she has to say about us here